Highlights of the new BMW S 1000 XR:
• Straight-four-cylinder engine with a displacement of 999 cc. Output 118 kW (160 hp) at 11,000 rpm, maximum torque of 112 Nm (83 lb-ft) at 9,250 rpm.
• Dynamic, innovative design with sculptural surface styling.
• BMW Motorrad ABS as standard (semi-integral, disengageable).
• ABS Pro for even greater safety when braking in a banked position (as part of the Pro riding modes optional extra).
• Automatic Stability Control (ASC) as standard for accelerating safely even in low-grip conditions.
• Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) with banking sensor for supreme performance and active riding safety when accelerating (as part of the Pro riding modes optional extra).
• Two riding modes that can be selected by the rider at the push of a button as standard (“Rain” and “Road”).
• Two additional riding modes available, “Dynamic” and “Dynamic Pro” (as part of the Pro riding modes optional extra).
• Spring elements with long spring travel for excellent agility and high damping reserves.
• Electronically controlled suspension system, Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) for optimum adaptation to the prevailing conditions as an optional extra.
• Light-footed handling and raised seating position.
• Multifunctional instrument cluster with a wealth of features.
• Extensive equipment and bespoke range of accessories made to BMW Motorrad’s customary high standards.
CREDIT :: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/